Ian Randall • Back to People
Background: I am currently focussed on supporting Africa's plans to boost agriculture and improve food security. My work enables strong and coordinated engagement by development partners, the private sector and Non-State Actors.
With a degree in International Development and an MPhil in Social Change, I have also worked on issues as varied as HIV/AIDS in Zambia, reconciliation in Northern Ireland and Sri Lanka, education in Malawi, humanitarian response in Pakistan, ethical consumerism and sustainable enterprise, and racism in the USA. The consistent theme through all this work is asking how to unlock the capacity of people and organisations to drive positive change.
I am the Executive Director, and one of the founders, of Wasafiri Consulting.
Assignments: Recent assignments include:
- USAID Bureau for Food Security - Coordination of the CAADP Development Partners Task Team. Support to AUC/ WEF sponsored African Agricultural Growth and Investment Task Force.
- GIZ Pretoria - Coordination of the CAADP Development Partners Task Team, and developing Guidelines for Non State Actor participation in the CAADP process
- DFID Food Group - Policy advisor facilitating co-ordination of development partners in support of African agriculture. Development of a Mutual Accountability Framework for CAADP.
- Pepsico - input on strategy for improving nutrition in emerging markets
- DFID Climate Change Adaptation Team - strategic planning retreat
- Swiss Re – innovating pro-poor insurance
- Diageo - design of climate change initiative
- Christian Aid – participatory review of Humanitarian Policies and Procedures
- KPMG – design and partnership brokerage for Global Development Initiative
- IOM – Field Officer responding to Pakistan Earthquake
Expertise: My core skills are in facilitation, co-ordination, systemic change, and strategic planning; with policy knowledge in food security, agriculture, humanitarianism, climate change, responsible business and education.
Passions: Having grand adventures with old friends, and mini adventures with my young sons!
Click here for Ian's blog
Click here to download Ian’s CV
Contact Ian at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read about Wasafiri generating action: